Monday, August 14, 2017
Young catholic adults Latest News: Low Latin Mass for the Assumption of the BVM (15th...: At :- Show map St Gregory's Church, Cheltenham 10 St James Square, GL50 3 Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. Thi...
Monday, July 10, 2017
History has proved him right. By their very nature monasteries played a vital role in providing safe and comfortable shelter in times when travel was time-consuming, arduous and often dangerous. The weary pilgrim, far from home, would instinctively look for shelter in the house of God. Today, life itself has become a wearying pilgrimage for many. For them a monastery offers respite from the fast-paced, stressful and often unbalanced lives they lead. Others seek to join the monks in the space they make for God to be worshipped and experienced, a space much harder now to find in the world.
The Guesthouse at Douai Abbey offers several different types of room. There are fifteen fully-ensuite rooms, four of which have been fitted to accommodate disabled guests to modern standards. All rooms can take single guests, but some can also be shared. Another seven rooms semi-ensuite (shower and sink only).
- The Cottages accommodate groups of up to 15 young persons in simple 'hostel'
- Self-catering facilities include a kitchen, dining room and scullery.
- Two other rooms provide a lounge and chapel, and the whole building is
- The facilities available include the Abbey Church which provides a peaceful,
prayerful space for worship. Guests are free to join in all the community
services and to enjoy the spacious Abbey grounds.
- Special rate for families.
- Lying deep in the Berkshire countryside overlooking the beautiful Kennet valley to the distant Hampshire downs, the Cottages provide an ideal place for a group retreat for all who seek the refreshment of peace and quiet.
Sunday, June 4, 2017
Traditional Latin Masses in St. Gregory's Church, 10 St James Square
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 3PR.
- Low Mass Whit Wednesday 7th June at 7pm
- Low Mass Corpus Christi Thursday 15 June at 7pm
- Low Mass Ss Peter & Paul Thursday 29 June at 7pm
Traditional Latin Masses at Prinknash Abbey, Cranham, Gloucester, GL4 8EX.
-Sung Requiem on Saturday 17th June at 10:30am.
-Low Masses on all other Saturday's (3rd, 10th, 24th) at 11:00am.
Sunday, May 14, 2017
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Young catholic adults Latest News: Our Lady of Fatima "In the end, my Immaculate Hea...: Original photo of the Miracle if the Sun where 70,000 people including atheists and agnostics saw the sun "dance" ou...